Sweet potatoes have a plethora of nutritious qualities your little one can benefit from. They are a great source of beta-carotene and vitamin A, both of which attribute to healthy skin and eye health. Purple sweet potatoes (found in organic sections at the supermarket) have anti-oxidant and anti-inflammatory properties, which could potentially help your toddler if they are having tummy and bowel issues. The recipe below is meant for weekly prep.
- 4 sweet potatoes
- 4 Tablespoons unrefined honey
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- Preheat oven to 365 degrees F.
- Peel sweet potatoes, quarter, place in saucepan with water and bring to a boil over stove on high heat. Once water boils, reduce to medium heat and let boil for 5 minutes.
- Drain and place on cutting board. Cut in to bite size cubes.
- Put sweet potato cubes in to mixing bowl. Add 4 tablespoons unrefined honey and 1/4 cup melted coconut oil. Gently toss until coated.
- Spread cubes out onto greased cookie sheet and place in oven.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Store is freezer bags and use at your convenience 1/4 cup at a time as a side item for toddler meals.