This is a recipe that is super easy to prep in large amounts, freeze and munch on throughout the week! Using mini bell peppers makes this dish super easy to take to work with you for lunch and doesn’t make a mess to eat as opposed to using large bell peppers. This bite size meal is sure to have you licking your lips for more! It’s a great “grown up” meal to introduce to your toddler as well. Since mini bell peppers are super sweet, your little ones are less likely to shy away from this delicious veggie!
- 1lb all-natural extra lean ground beef
- 15 assorted mini sweet bell peppers, washed with tops cut off and hollowed
- 1/4 of a sweet onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 tablespoon of cumin
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup shredded mild cheddar or Colby Jack cheese (if you desire)
- Mix all ingredients together well in a small mixing bowl. Feel free to use your hands! Pack mixture into bell peppers and place in an oven-safe or cast iron skillet that has been greased using avocado oil (olive oil is fine too). If you have neither, a muffin tin will work well.
- Bake at 365 degrees for 25-30 minutes (depending on the strength of your oven). Convection ovens may take less time.
- Remove skillet/pan from oven. Peppers may be full of some juices so use tongs to tilt them to drain excess juices and transfer peppers to a cooling rack or plate. Caution: These will be VERY hot! Allow to cool for 20 minutes before biting into them!
- If you desire, sprinkle with shredded cheddar or Colby Jack and enjoy!
Large batch freezer prep: Store peppers in freezer safe containers or storage bags raw. Defrost before baking.