This extremely easy recipe only takes about 20 to 25 minutes total from start to finish. I use spicy Italian sausage for extra flavor. It gives it a nice kick without being too hot. This dish takes minimal effort because the sausage is already full of spices so you don’t have to add in anything extra – just use your favorite brand of spicy Italian sausage. I normally use Johnsonville Hot Italian.
- 5 hot Italian sausages
- 1/2 sweet onion, sliced and separated
- 1 green bell pepper, hollowed and sliced
- Fill a saucepan with water and bring to a boil. Boil sausages for 5 minutes. Boiling them slightly makes them easier to slice without smooshing them.
- Remove from heat, drain, and slice sausages. Return to pan along with peppers and onions. Add 1 tablespoon olive oil, cover and let simmer over medium heat, stirring occasionally.
- Continue to sauté until sausages are cooked through and begin to brown.
- Serve and Enjoy! Makes approximately 4 servings.