Bananas are one of my favorite things to eat and banana pancakes were one of my favorite things to make for breakfast as a teenager (thanks Jack Johnson). However, with more reported cases of Celiac’s Disease and wheat allergies on the rise, I wanted to make a gut friendlier version. These “crepes” have only 2 ingredients: eggs and bananas! They only take 4 minutes to cook and are a quick, easy and delicious breakfast! Serve with your favorite fresh cut fruit and your choice of honey or syrup. You can also sprinkle them with a little powdered sugar to make them more fun for the kiddos on a Saturday morning. They also taste great with yogurt! Easy. Healthy. Affordable. You can’t go wrong!
- 3 large eggs
- 1 large banana
- Break apart banana in to a blender. Crack and add 3 eggs to blender as well.
- Blend until thoroughly mixed and frothy.
- Grease a small 8″ frying pan and pour about a 1/3 cup of batter to pan.
- Cook on stove top using medium heat (dial setting 4).
- Cover with lid and let cook for 3 minutes.
- Very carefully flip crepe over without breaking (I usually use a silicone frosting spatula to carefully lift the edges).
- Cook additional minute. Remove from pan.
Makes approximately three 8″ round crepes. Serve and enjoy!