This light veggie dish is hands down, one of my favorite vegan dishes I have ever thrown together using the last of the groceries in my refrigerator. With only six ingredients, you can throw this easy meal together in 2o minutes! I wanted to make the name for this dish simple and fun. The word angel refers to angel hair pasta, except the noodles are made from zucchini. The word babe comes from using baby tomatoes, or in the case of this recipe, grape tomatoes. You will need some type of veggetti grater to get the noodle effect. I use the Veggetti Spiral Vegetable Cutter, which you can purchase on Amazon. For those of you who are keeping an eye on your cholesterol levels, you are welcome to use celery salt in place of kosher salt.
3 large zucchini
2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
1 tablespoon kosher salt
1 tablespoon cracked, black peppercorn (or ground black pepper)
1/2 cup So Delicious (brand), dairy-free mozzarella cheese shreds (or whichever dairy-free cheese brand you prefer)
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil or avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 360 degrees. Grease a large, glass baking dish with your choice of cooking spray. I use olive oil or avocado oil spray.
- Wash and cut the ends off of the zucchini. Use your veggetti cutter to make your zucchini noodles. Set aside in a large bowl.
- Rinse the grape tomatoes and cut them in half. Add the halved tomatoes to your bowl of zucchini noodles.
- Add the oil, salt and pepper to the bowl of zucchini and tomatoes. Mix thoroughly, making sure everything is well coated.
- Pour veggie mixture in to glass baking dish and bake in oven for 20-25 minutes.
- Remove from oven. Add dairy-free cheese shreds and toss.
Enjoy! Serves approximately 4.